A lot of times we encounter a niggling pain in the stomach or pricking piercing pain in the abdomen which does not last for too long, this may be due to gas accumulation in the intestines. Intestinal gas can also cause a lot of bloating of the stomach many-a-times giving us the feeling of being fat.
Intestinal Gas can be caused due to many reasons which are mostly related to diet and lifestyle.
1. Incompatible food – Every individual has some type of food that is not easily digestible by the person. Having such type of food is bound to produce Intestinal Gases.
2. Beans – Beans are well known to cause a lot of Intestinal Gas and hence must be avoided in such cases.
3. Dry foods – Foods like sev, mumra, popcorn, makhana, kurmura, chevda, etc cause the formation of gases.
4. Lack of lubrication – More often than not, it’s not what you have but what you do not have that causes the problem. In a tropical country like India, there is a lot of requirement for lubrication in the body. Water does not and can not bring about lubrication despite the common misconception that it does. Hence substances like ghee, olive oil, coconut oil, etc are extremely important to maintain this lubrication.
5. Stale food – Food that is cooked more than 8 hours ago and eaten later despite being re-heated is still considered stale food. Stale food causes a tremendous amount of gas and a constant habit of eating stale food will in all likelihood result in disease.
6. Long Gap between meals – Keeping a gap between meals by more than 6 hours is considered to be a long gap. Keeping long gaps and frequent fasting causes the production of Intestinal gases.
7. Late Nights – Staying awake late at night causes both acidity and gas.
8. Stress – Stress is also known to produce abdominal pain and gas.
9. Constipation – Arguably the biggest contributor to Intestinal gas formation, is constipation. When motions are not clear, the disintegration of stools causes a tremendous amount of gas. Clearing the motions as soon as possible must be the first priority if diseases are to be avoided.
First of all, identify the cause and change your diet and lifestyle to avoid causes for the constant formation of gas.